- Abolish the Electoral College and replace it with the National “Popular” vote
- Have automatic voter registration, same day voter registration, and all mail-in ballots
- Pass a law to allow Independents to be eligible to vote in party primaries
- Lower the voting age to 16
- Forget about voter ID laws because that’s racist, you know.
Democrats refuse to stop messing with our voter laws. Bernie Sanders just proposed that felons be allowed to vote even while they are still in prison.
Democrats constantly push for these changes with a straight face, claiming that their newest-fangled scheme would make elections more “fair.” That’s a little like the Los Angeles Rams taking advice from the New England Patriots before the last Super Bowl on how to change the rules to make it more fair.
Sadly, some states have adopted a few of these voter schemes with Republican support. If Democrats were so confident that they could win or that the only reason they lose is because the election was stolen from them by Russian oligarchs or guys named “Chad,” why do they keep trying to change the rules of the game?
The answer to this rhetorical question is that they are not confident. They know that underneath their divisive, identity politics, they have no ideas except socialism. Yet, some Republicans still behave like it is up to them to “reach across the aisle because their opponents have such good intentions. Not even the Los Angeles Rams would be that gullible.